2017 Conference Schedule
All events are located at the Boulders Conference Area unless otherwise specified.
Tuesday, June 20
- Registration in Boulders Conference Area, 9:00 AM–4:00 PM
- Board Meeting in Boulders Hall, 2:30 PM–4:00 PM
- Book and Display Room in the Boulders Conference Area, 9:00 AM –4:00 PM
- Entertainment in Boulders Hall, 4:15 PM–4:45 PM
- Cece Otto and Wayne Shannon
- Cash Bar in Boulders Hall, 4:45 PM–6:00 PM
- Opening Dinner in Boulders Hall 6:00 PM–9:00 PM
- Speakers are Denison Mayor, Daniel Leinen; Chamber of Commerce, Evan Blakley, Chuck Offenburger, and Larry Beatty; LHA President, Kay Shelton; ILHA Membership Coordinator, Dean Parr.
- Also note that golfing is available at $30 per person at the adjoining Majestic Hills Golf Course Tuesday and Thursday. We also encourage attendees to tour downtown Denison during the day.
Wednesday, June 21
- Group photo at 7:30 AM
- Meet in the parking lot of Boulders Inn & Suites and Boulders Conference Area.
- East Bus Tour leaves at 8:00 AM and return at 4:30 PM
- We will travel on the Lincoln Highway Heritage Byway through to Jefferson with several items of interest pointed out along the way. In Jefferson we will have time for you to take a self-guided tour of the town and be treated to a carillon concert. You have four restaurant choices that are included in your bus tour fee:
- Breadaux Pizza, french bread crust pizzas
- Uptown Café, breakfast and classic diner food
- Peony, Chinese Restaurant
- Angie’s Tea Room, upscale luncheon experience
- We then go on the Lincoln Highway interpretive site, the bank in Ogden where the Lincoln Highway Association renewal happened, back to Grand Junction where we will tour the museum, visit the Lincoln Highway garden, and have snacks and drinks at the Grand Junction Community Center .
- Dinner will be provided at the Crawford County Fairgrounds from 5:00 PM–6:00 PM followed with an evening downtown Denison touring the Donna Reed Theater, view two short movies and one episode of the Donna Reed Show.
Thursday, June 22
- 7:00 AM West tour bus leaves Boulders parking lot and returns at 5:00 PM
- We will travel as much as we can on the Lincoln Highway. Some portions will have to be missed due to the height of the buses. However, we will see a brick section in Woodbine, and have several other points of interest on our way to the Welcome Center just outside of Missouri Valley. There we will have drinks, snacks, and there are bathrooms available. On to the Union Pacific Railroad Museum, and one other unique museum, box lunches in Bayless Park. ON to Elkhorn, Nebraska to view more brick streets and other Lincoln Highway Historical sites.
- Dinner at the Crawford County Fairgrounds, 5:00-9:30
- Enjoy dinner along with a classic car and tractor display and beer tent.
Friday, June 23
- Speakers at Boulders Conference Area, 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM, Speakers with one break
- Lunch break at Boulders Conference Area, 12:00 PM – 1:30 PM
- Postal cancellation and a short presentation by Darcy Dougherty Maulsby
- Speakers at Boulders Conference Area, 1:30 PM – 5:00 PM, Speakers with one break
- Cash bar at Cronk’s Café with cash bar, 5:30 PM – 6:00 PM
- Awards Dinner at Cronk’s Café, 6:00 PM–9:00 PM
Saturday, June 24
- Breakfast at Cronk’s Cafe, 8:00 AM for general membership meeting
Host Hotel Information
The host hotel is Boulders Inn and Suites located on Boulders Drive. The conference is held next door at the Boulders Conference Area. There are four other motels offering special rates for the conference as well as two bed and breakfast facilities and a RV campground located at the Crawford County Fairgrounds. Click here for more information.
Conference Committee Contact
Please direct questions to Jeannie Parr at email@example.com or 319-531-7094.